Ever wondered how to make copies of your documents or photos without going to a photocopy shop? If you have a printer at home, then you might be able to do it!
In this guide, we’ll show you how to photocopy with a printer using its built-in features. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Can You Photocopy with a Printer?
Your printer will need to have scanning functions to be able to make copies of printed documents and photos. This feature lets you scan an original document or photo onto the printer and print it out as a copy.
You can use your printer’s scanning features to
- copy photos or small documents
- make two-sided copies by flipping over the original document & print on the other side of your paper
How to Use Your Printer to Make Copies
Let’s learn how to use it to make copies. Don’t worry, it’s not as hard as it sounds. Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be making copies like a pro in no time!
Step 1: Loading the Original Document or Photo
The first step is to load the original document or photo that you want to copy into your printer.
Place one page or photo at a time onto the glass surface of your printer and close the lid. Make sure to align your page or photo with the corner markers and face it down.
Step 2: Adjusting the Copy Settings
The next step is to adjust the copy settings according to your preferences and needs.
Here are some of the options available depending on the model of your printer:
- Use the control panel buttons or touchscreen display to change various settings such as the number of copies, paper size, paper type, colour mode, brightness, contrast, enlargement/reduction ratio, etc.
- If your printer comes with an app, use it to change settings such as the number of copies, paper type, colour mode, etc. You can also preview your copies before printing them
Step 3: Starting the Copy Job
The final step is to start the copy job and wait for your copies to come out.
- Press the start button on the control panel or the app after placing the page or photo onto the glass surface.
- The printer will scan and print out a copy of each page or photo. You can also stop or cancel the stop or cancel button.
- You can also make two-sided copies by flipping over the original page or photo after scanning and printing it on the other side
That’s it! You have successfully learned how to photocopy with a printer. Congratulations! You can now enjoy making copies of your documents or photos anytime using your printer. Have fun!